Thursday, April 22, 2010

Brown paper packages tied up with string

Just wanted to pop in and share my latest crafty efforts! A co-worker of mine shared one of my hand-made banners (I talked about those here and here) with her daughter, who is hosting a wedding shower this weekend. She, in turn, asked if I could make a banner for the shower, which has a Lovebirds theme. Never one to turn down a challenge, I agreed and whipped up this beauty:
My previous banners have been strung on ribbon, but this one is entirely put together using brads (remember those from first grade?). I like the brads for two reasons: first, it totally makes it look like the birds are kissing (cute!), and second, the banner conveniently folds up on itself for easy storage and transport. I added ribbons on each end to hang the banner, and these wrap around it when it's folded up to hold it all together. I tell ya, sometimes I have moments of genius!
Here is the banner all tied up, which actually prompted my post title today...maybe "bright colored banners tied up with rib'n"?
Also, a friend has encouraged me to open an Etsy store using these pictures to make and sell custom banners. I'm thinking about it, but am not sure about pricing...what do you think? What would you pay for a custom-made banner (this is made using a heavy weight cardstock, so really sturdy)? Also, J says I have to wait until June to get serious about this, as I still have to survive May and the two Thin Mint Sprints I have planned. If you're near Lexington (May 8) or Ashland, KY (May 22), come out and join us! You can register online at http://www.thinmintsprint.org/!
Hopefully I'll be back soon with pictures from the Baby Shower I hosted this weekend. It had a bathtime/rubber ducky theme and was absolutely adorable! Yes, there were some cute invitations and cards involved in that one, too! (Something else for the Etsy shop?)
Title: My Favorite Things, from The Sound of Music

No comments: