Monday, August 17, 2009

Running just as fast as we can, redux

For those of you who read with any regularity, you know that in June, J and I resolved to run a 5K. If you don't remember, you can read about it here. We used the Couch to 5K plan, though we weren't quite as regular in our workouts as the plan would suggest. Regardless, despite setbacks and occasionally falling off the workout wagon, we did finish our 5K this weekend!

Since we weren't consistent in our workouts, we hadn't built up to running the entire event, but we did run over half of it in a jog-walk-jog-walk-jog fashion. In addition, we finished in 46 minutes (well, I finished in 46:00; J finished in 45:59), and I was happy with the 15 minute mile splits for a first attempt. (Can you imagine if I'd turned in that kind of time in high school? I'd have been booted from the cross country team in a heartbeat!!)

Anyhow, our next goal is to run an entire 5K, and to do so in 40 minutes. We'll be continuing with the Couch to 5K plan, picking up where we left off to keep working toward running the entire thing. We're looking at the Black Cat Chase in Frankfort on October 30 to meet that goal. Stay tuned, and keep us accountable!

Title: I think we're alone now, by Tiffany

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Keep up the good work!!! I have faith that you both will reach the goal with flying colors!