Overall, this weekend was a nice way to get 2010 started. My cousin Lori and I are making plans for the Derby mini-marathon in April, and J and I talked her into joining our team for the Bourbon Chase (a 200 mile relay tour of Kentucky's Bourbon Distilleries) next October. I think this sets us up well for the first of the MeltonPoint 2010 resolutions--
In 2010, J and I will :
- Run 300 miles. (In my heart, I hope we'll knock this out of the water; after all 30 minutes three days a week will achieve this goal. However, we need to focus on consistency, so this goal is geared towards that.)
- Lose weight--JE will meet her weight loss goal (35 pounds to go) and then re-evaluate. J will begin his weight loss journey with a one year goal of 60 pounds.
- Complete the following home improvement projects--
Library built-ins--sand and stain the bookshelves; install cabinets, a counter, and the bookshelves.
Deck--re-sand and paint deck trim.
Main Bathroom--re-finish vanity, paint the room, install new vanity/sink and mirror.
Master Bedroom--paint, install wardrobes, sew curtains for window and wardrobes.
- Restructure our spending so that we can live comfortably on 70% of our current combined take-home salary. This includes increases our charitable giving and reducing the amount of spending we can't account for at the end of the month. With the remainder this year, we'll be paying off student loans and building our emergency fund.
- Internalize and live our 2010 phrase--Be Gentle with yourself and others. This phrase comes from the blessing our priest gives at the close of Sunday services. Sometimes, we forget to give ourselves and others the benefit of the doubt, and we're quick to rush to judgement. We pray that in 2010, we learn to be more accepting, more loving, and more gentle.