Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I mentioned in my last post that J and I were on the receiving end of much of my grandmother's furniture as she has now moved into a nursing home in Texas. My folks drove it back from Texas in a rented U-Haul and we met them at home this weekend to bring the U-Haul the rest of the way to Lexington. While we were there, it seemed logical to pick up the two trunks and pie safe that I've been talking about bringing up for years.

Our living room is packed tight with our old furniture and our new furniture, as well as everything else on the truck that hasn't found its permanent home in our house yet.
The pie safe, which belonged to my great-great-grandmother and was left to me by a great aunt years ago, has found a home in our guest room, where it will now keep quilts and blankets safe. Because it was an inch wider than I thought, the pie safe did not slip right into the place I had picked out for it. J pitched in and re-arranged everything with me, and we're now going to 'live with it' for a while to see how it works out.
Apologies for the huge mess in the pictures--I just wanted to show you how it looks now! The white chest of drawers will not be staying, but it needs to be emptied before moving into a new home in my office upstairs. Art needs to be hung, too. Maybe next weekend...
Title: Changes, by David Bowie

No comments: